I love learning, and one of my favorite ways to learn is while I am driving. A while back I discovered podcasts, and today I want to share with you some of my favorite podcasts that I listen to while I am driving. They are not all financial, but all of them will help you be a better person and learn some interesting things along the way!
- Optimal Finance Daily: This podcast is part of a larger series of podcasts including Optimal Living Daily, Optimal Living Daily – Relationships, Optimal Health Daily and Optimal Living Daily – Business. On each of these podcasts they narrate a blog post (with the author’s permission). On a recent episode of Optimal Finance Daily, for example, they read from Kristin Wong’s blog about how to budget with a variable income. Each of the shows publishes one podcast each weekday, while Optimal Living Daily also publishes on the weekends. Each show is about ten minutes long.
- The 5 AM Miracle with Jeff Sanders: Sanders is the author of The 5 AM Miracle and on his weekly podcast he interviews productivity experts. Each show is about 45 minutes long.
- The TED Radio Hour by NPR: I love TED talks, so this show is perfect for me. NPR selects a topic and features portions of TED talks about those subjects and interviews with the speakers to get deeper into the subject. Each show features about 4 talks and authors. A few recent topics include Prevention, Crisis and Response, Beyond Tolerance and Shifting Time. Each episode is about an hour long.
- Malcolm Gladwell’s Revisionist History: I look forward to the publishing of each episode of Gladwell’s Revisionist History. I highly recommend you download both season one and two and listen to every episode. Gladwell finds fascinating subjects that have been overlooked or misunderstood and do an in-depth episode about the topic. Each season is 10 weeks, and each episode is about 45 minutes long.
- Achieve Your Goals with Hal Elrod: Elrod is another author of books about productivity, focusing, like Jeff Sanders, on getting up early. Similar to Sanders, Elrod publishes a weekly podcast focusing on productivity and goal achievement. Elrod is currently recovering from cancer treatment, so he has a guest host who tends to talk more than his guests, which bugs me, but I still pick up valuable insights. Each episode is about 45 minutes long.
Obviously this is more than I can listen to in a week, so I delete a number of episodes and just choose the ones that sound the most interesting.
What am I missing? Which podcasts do you enjoy most and why? Share in the comments below or on Facebook.
Leave a Reply